Friday, February 14, 2014

Conceiving by witchcraft....?!?

So, a while back I read or heard something about stones with holes in them being sort of a charm to increase fertility. While I am not superstitious, I am a little bit afraid right now...

See, the day before my last IUI, my husband and I went for a 12 mile hike. We had just finished the last ultrasound and the Dr gave the go-ahead for trigger that morning and IUI the following day. The hike was great and I felt really good. The route did look a lot shorter on the map, but we had plenty of time to waste. About halfway I saw this beautiful rock with a hole in it. It was about the size of my head, and I think my fist could have gone through the hole. It would make a beautiful display piece in the living room, but with 6 more miles to go, I left it where other people would enjoy it too.

As the hike continued, I thought more and more about that rock and the random story about them being good for fertility, so when I came across a small rock with a hole in it, I picked it up and put it in my backpack. I picked up a total of 3 stones with holes in them and brought them home. My husband was surprised that I was bringing them home with me, since I am a believer of leaving nature as it is. Because I felt kinda bad about taking them, I have kept them in the bedroom on the floor, kinda hidden, with the intention of bringing them back to the park next time we go...

However, fast-forward nearly two weeks; the rocks remain in my bedroom and I am pregnant....

I will let you believe what you will.

Today I was curiously looking on the internet and found this website:

http://thewaysofawitch.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/hag-stones/

and according to this website, stones with holes or hag stones, that are found inland can be used for connection to the faerierealm & psychic vision and fertility.

Wouldn't you be scared too??? I mean, we're talking witchcraft here. My baby may have 2 heads or something...


No comments:

Post a Comment