Friday, February 7, 2014

Beta #1....is 19!

I cannot believe that I am posting this. Yesterday day morning was my scheduled pregnancy blood test at the office. It was only 11dpo, which I thought was kinda early. But I trust my doctor to do what is best for me.

Anyway, I took a hpt before heading out the door. And it was a BFN. But off I went anyway. I really had a good feeling about this cycle, although I had only had minor cramping, no nausea, and no spotting (I always read about people spotting before getting their BFP - but only 20% do.)

At the Dr's office, the nurse had a hard time getting blood from my veins, no surprise there, and I felt pretty queasy. When I got home I really hoped to get a happy call from my otherwise surly nurse. Meanwhile I am looking at this bloated belly, thinking: "if this isn't it, I really need to get this bloated belly under control with some serious ab workout...

... But numbers came back, and I am pregnant. Finally!! It is still very early and I go in for 2nd beta on Monday, but for now I will celebrate my beta of 19 and progesterone of 78!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! It's yellow from twoweekwait. I found your blog and we really are on the same schedule! I go in for my first blood test tomorrow. I'm getting really bad cramps and lower back pain every few hours. I've been on progesterone suppositories this whole cycle so it can't be that.

    Anyway thanks for letting me follow along on your journey! My husband was joking about having twins so good luck to the both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi right back at ya!!
      I'm so excited to hear what your blood test is!! Yesterday I had terrible cramps too. I can't believe that just a week ago, I was praying for cramps (just to feel preggo) and now I'm like: "enough with the fun already."

      Please keep in touch and perhaps we will be twin twin-mommas!! Good luck today!

      Delete