Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bleeding at 8w1d.....sorry this may be a bit graphic!!

This morning I woke up to a feeling that I didn't think I would have to feel over these next many months. As I got out of bed, I felt a wetness dripping into my underwear - all I could think was something in between "oh shit, i knew this was too good to be true," but the overwhelming emotion was a sense that "this is going to be okay." In the split second it took me to register these emotions, I decided to go with the latter state of being. As I sat down and felt blood pouring out, coloring the water in the bowl bright red, I took deep breaths and said to myself: "don't panic, you know that bleeding can occur in pregnancies." My panic voice got through to me for just a second saying; "but this shit is pouring out of you!!"

And just like that it stopped. No cramping, no terrible pain. It left me a little worried and both my husband and I agreed that my next ultrasound would be today and not Friday as planned. Without calling the office (it was still early in the morning) we got in our cars and drove to the Dr's office. They were quite surprised to see me and when I told them what had happened, they were able to fit me in. I have really come to love this Dr's office and I wished that my Dr was not just an RE, but someone who could actually deliver my baby - but wait that is not the story I was trying to tell - sorry!!

The ultrasound went fine. Both babies are fine. Both had heartbeats of 174 and both measuring right on track. As for me, it is back to my cocoon at home. I have been resting all day, and no more bleeding. Of cause I had my "appointment" with Dr Google, to try and see what is going on. For now, I am mostly calm, nothing much I can do. Might get the Dr to check my thyroid - just because somebody at husband's work mentioned it for a totally different reason and now I'm thinking "what if????"

Isn't being pregnant just sooooo much fun???


UPDATE: Bleeding appears to have stopped. No new blood for 2 days. Phew. Just taking it easy!!

3 comments:

  1. How scary! I'm glad everything is okay though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char. It was scary. Hope is doesn't occur again.

      Delete
  2. Don't do Dr. Google. It will only freak you out!!

    ReplyDelete