Friday, January 31, 2014

Lovin' the green and the 4 follicles

As a part of my TTC journey, there has been significant attempts to better our diet. I am a self-proclaimed "veggie- and anything green-hater." You could lock me up in a candy store for the rest of my life and I would be perfectly happy. However a diet of solely candy bars probably don't make for a healthy baby or reproductive cycle. When I first met my husband, back in 2003 when I worked at EuroDisnney in Paris, my diet as he remembers it was: Twix or Snickers, Diet Coke and cigarettes.... yes, for a brief moment in time, I was stupid enough to smoke, albeit just a little bit of time. My only healthy habit was riding my bike to and from work.

So this month I was surprised to find out that we have gone through 4.5 lbs of spinach....(yes, I have started an Excel spreadsheet keeping track of all the groceries that we buy, in order to try and figure out where I can save money and which store to buy what). 4.5 lbs - that is just insane!! But I must say that there are ways to make spinach tasty (I'm not talking salads, because I am sooo not there yet). There has been the delicious Spanakopita (Greek spinach pie), Palak Ka Shorba (Lentil and spinach soup), Saag Paneer (Spinach and Cheese) and then of cause this tasty recipe that we made the other night:

 http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Toasted-Spelt-Soup-with-Escarole-and-White-Beans-51210020

Although it called for escarole, I just used lots of spinach instead. Yum!!

Disclaimer: This week I also made some horrible food decisions, like the day I ate 4 home-made pastries, why?? It just happened and I paid the price with horrible stomach ache.

In the baby-making world, there is not much to say. Yesterday I went in for a post-ovulatory scan and the nurse told me that 4 follicles have ovulated and had developed into 4 nice corpus luteums. I have had some discomfort and that would probably be why. Now we just keep waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment