Monday, January 20, 2014

Is this where babies come from???

Friday was a strange day for me. Positive and negative all wrapped into one weird day. I was happy that I after two days of harassing pharmacy and insurance office, finally secured myself the first vials of my Menopur.... My new hope in achieving a long sought after pregnancy. But with it came the very strange act of having to stab myself with a needle. Something I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around. I am no newbie around needles and drugs, having worked in the veterinary field for a while, but I have a whole new appreciation of the terror that the birds may have felt upon seeing me and my needle. Of cause I am anthropomorphizing and at no point in time did I asked them to inject themselves... Anyway, made it through and I guess it is not as bad as I have a tendency to make it in my head. My dear husband looked at my hesitation and asked me if I wanted him to do it - and all I can think is "what? You WANT to stab me???" Immediately followed by the horror of an image of me having to give him an injection - "Nope, I got it (very brave smile and stab)"

And I just had that once a day injection. I know that there are plenty people out there with many more injections than me. But do you remember your first???

2 comments:

  1. I remember my first injection!!! And my first shipment of meds! So overwhelming! This is all scary and exciting at the same time. Good luck with this cycle, wishing you a very short journey in this IF road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kharini. Can't wait to read more about your little miracles on your blog

      Delete