Thursday, March 6, 2014

7 week update

So, at 7 weeks + 1 day we went for another ultrasound. Hubby went with me and we were both so excited, because this time we would get to hear their heartbeats. To pass the time since last ultrasound, I had of cause been browsing the internet for various things that could go wrong. Like the Vanishing Twin. Not that I was anxious about it, but I just like to know. Hubby and I have divided the "chores" of pregnancy between the two of us and he gets to worry about things and I get to concentrate of growing big, strong and healthy babies. I am usually a stressy, anxious, worried type of person, but for some reason I am pretty calm about this whole pregnancy. I guess it is because it is so utterly out of my control. The only thing I can control is how I take care of myself, so that is were my focus goes.

Anyway the appointment went great. Both babies had great, strong heartbeats and I was actually quite surprised when they played baby A's heartbeat. The speaker was up so loud, that I almost fell out of my seat. But it was wonderful, bot came in at about 135 beats/min. They were measuring right on schedule (7w1d and 7w2d), although how they can measure such a tiny thing and feel comfortable about measurements I do not know. But here they are:


I also have a confession - the same day I went out and bought a pair of maternity pants. I know many people can wait until the end of first trimester, but despite loosing weight, my girth have increased substantially. So at 7+ weeks, I am now sporting sexy maternity pants. Watch out world!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just read this and i feel so much better. I bought maternity pants last weekend (i'm 7 wks as of wednesday) and have been putting off wearing them, but i might have to break down soon, so you're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shay, the way I see it is that we are carrying double the miracle, hence with combined age, we really are 14 weeks 😁

      Delete