Thursday, July 24, 2014

Week 27

Third trimester...wow, how did we get here?? This just seems like such a big milestone and it just seems so unreal that the babies will be here in less than 2 1/2 months. There is still so much to do. I'm sure we'll get there, regardless of whether we are ready or not. I just thought I would share some pictures from earlier this month. 


 The above picture was from our 4th of July trip.
Our friend from California came to visit. We had a great time,
weather was great, so we decided to go tubing.

6 1/2 month pregnant and a bit skeptical about getting into the tube.
Water was pretty shallow in places and the boys ended up having to
drag me through the shallow places, the said something about
clumsy pregnant ladies not being allowed to get out of their tube.. 

How far along? 27 weeks + 3 days.
Total weight gain: 32 lbs, weight gain seems to have slowed down a bit, despite almost constant hunger. But belly just doesn't hold much at a time these days. 
Maternity clothes? All of the tank tops that I venture out into the world with are maternity, but I still wear "normal" skirts and jogging pants. 
Sleep? Hmm, what?!? Waking up a lot to pee. One of them seem to have a knack for pressing on my bladder. Last night I think I was up 4 times. 
Best moment of the week: Preparation-wise, probably finding out that we will be moving into a bigger place with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. A duplex on the other side of town that doesn't include faulty electrical wiring, outlets protruding from the wall or the potential for lead paint. Just a regular boring dwelling.
Miss anything? Being able to reach things with ease. I was re-doing the shelf lining in the kitchen and I have to say that sitting on the floor trying to reach the lower corner cabinets was darn near impossible. 
Movements? TONS. They are both so active at night around bedtime. 
Food cravings: I am loving ice cream, but who doesn't??
Labor signs: None, thankfully.
Symptoms: RLP, especially in the pelvic area. Braxton hicks, foot swelling galore - now I wear compression socks all the times. Lower back pain and tiredness. And apparently insanely high cholesterol (normal for pregnancy). I had my annual physical with my MD, I almost passed out when I saw my numbers. Of cause I get a pass because I'm pregnant, but still.  
Looking forward to: Moving, but not packing. My next appointments in a little more than a week. 

Okay, before I show this week's belly picture, I will preface this and say that I AM wearing shorts, but that the giant belly is obscuring the shorts. This is pretty much what the belly looks like every night, when we play a game we call "Twin Peaks"
II
II
II
II
II
II
II
II
II
II
II
II
II
II
V


2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad everything is going well! The belly pic is so funny! Almost like you can see exactly where each of them is! CooL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are a riot. And that is the boy on the right and the girl on the left. I feel like they have divided my belly. Although not visible on the picture, the linea negra is running down the center and they rarely cross it.

      Delete