Thursday, July 31, 2014

28 weeks


My bird, Eileen, decided to join me for this week's picture. It has been a busy week of packing and getting ready for the move. Time really has just flown by and the heat has definitely kicked in here in TX. I have caved in and now run the A/C almost constantly. 

Oh, and I got to meet a wonderful set of 3 week old twins. I was dropping up something for a fellow MoM (Mother of Multiples) and while I was there, her twin daughters woke up from their nap. They looked so tiny and fragile, despite being born at 37 weeks and good weight (no NICU). Seriously, they scared me more than a teeny, tiny newly hatched baby bird. I know how to deal with those. I didn't even ask to hold the babies, I was just paralyzed with fear and was in awe at the comfort and ease with which she and her husband handled them. I know, I know, it will all come naturally. And I have to say that both hubby and I are getting increasingly more excited about welcoming our little wonders into the world - however they still need to cook for another 7-9 weeks!

How far along? Picture taken at 28 weeks.
Total weight gain: 33 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? All of the tank tops that I venture out into the world with are maternity, but I still wear "normal" skirts and jogging pants. I really need to buy some long dresses because my short dresses are really getting WAY to short. 
Sleep? Continues to be an issue. A few days back I was "allowed" to sleep for a little over 4 hours straight...I woke up in a panic, thinking that something was wrong with the babies. But now we are back on the 2-3 hour schedule. And the last few days I wake up at 3AM and can't sleep until 5:30AM. 
Best moment of the week: Hmmm, I actually have no idea where this week went. I have spent a lot of time staring at the belly and it's undulations. That always makes me very happy.
Miss anything? Again my answer is, being able to reach things with ease. Not being out of breath?!?
Movements? These babies just crack me up. They move all the time. Especially night time and right after hubby get's home. 
Food cravings: Anything that requires no effort on my part!
Labor signs: None, thankfully.
Symptoms: The usual: RLP, especially in the pelvic area. Braxton hicks, foot swelling galore - now I wear compression socks all the times. Lower back pain and tiredness. And the belly button is now mostly an outie!!
Looking forward to: Moving - we get the keys tomorrow, which could not come soon enough. This morning we were laying in bed just waking up, and I feel something crawling on my butt....I pinch the critter under the sheet and hubby immediately says that he thought he felt something hit the pillow seconds prior but didn't see anything. He tells my to get up and leave the room - he'll take care of it. Did I mention that I LOVE my husband!! Of cause it was a giant cockroach!!! A going-away present from this house, I guess.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Cockroach! Ew! Congrats on making it to 3rd trimester! You look great!

    ReplyDelete