Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 22

So, I wrote this update last Tuesday on my Nexus using the Blogger App and then the draft disappeared for a week and now it is back... I must just be very technologically impaired or Blogger doesn't like me!?!

Wow, week 22 already?? As of yesterday, these babies have spent 141 days growing inside my belly, and we have known of their existence for 130 days. I am hoping, that they will stay put for another 85 days or so, so that my parents get to arrive from Denmark before the birth. And for their own good, I hope that they make it another 100 days, but we shall see.
I am feeling myself becoming way more sloth-like than ever before. Not necessarily because I am tired all the time (although that is definitely a contributing factor many days) but because my body is responding to changes. I am struggling tremendously with swelling of my feet and if I am out and about running errands or even at home, just standing around, my feet and ankles become swollen to the point where the ankle bones simply disappear. My entire leg then looks like a continuation of the knee, sexy, huh!! This is due to my low blood pressure, which often is lower than 90/60.
Anyway, here is what 22 weeks looks like for me:






How far along? 22 weeks and 1 day.
Total weight gain: 25 lbs.
Maternity clothes? I still don't have much in the way of maternity clothes. I am just so picky and since I don't HAVE to look presentable most days, I usually don't. Shorts and a T-shirt separating at the middle is my current style.
Sleep? I have been sleeping pretty good lately, although getting out of bed at night, I sometimes do stupid stuff causing shooting round ligament pain. One night was so bad that I couldn't go back to bed immediately and seriously wondered if I had just caused pre-term labor. Had to sit in my comfy chair for 1/2 hour until pain and cramping went away.
Best moment of the week: Working on and finishing our dresser. Getting to see the babies last week and know that they are growing well. They both measured in the 82nd percentile, which makes me so happy. They weighed about 1 lb each at 21 weeks. Oh, and finding a box of baby clothes on Craigslist for $25. And also meeting up with the local MoM group (Mothers of Multiples) here in San Antonio.
Miss anything? Being able to run around like a crazy person doing stuff.
Movements? Lots and lots, at all times of the day. In fact baby girl just kicked so hard it kinda scared me..
Food cravings: None really. But the hungers have definitely set in. I am hungry all the time.
Anything make you sick or queasy? Nope.
Labor signs: None so far.
Symptoms: RLP, especially in the pelvic area. Braxton hicks, plantar faciitis, low blood pressure, nesting behavior, some lower back pain.
Looking forward to: going to two different breast feeding classes next week, one is just for multiples. And I just picked up My Brest Friend Twin Nursing Pillow today - it is huge!! Having a friend of my hubby visit from California next week.

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Old Navy has some great, affordable maternity clothes. I've been living in their t-shirts lately!

    ReplyDelete